Are You Tired Of Feeling Like Crap: Nutrition
Are you tired of feeling like crap? We all know that nutrition is the key to how we feel, how we look, and how we live. Over the years we as humans have changed the way we eat. We have all changed from eating real food to food that is highly processed and convenient. Check out the video below and I will explain more how better nutrition can help you from feeling like crap!
Thanks again for checking out the video. I know that you are well aware how important nutrition is and if we could out work bad nutrition I’m sure we would all eat whatever we wanted and maybe exercise a bit more! Wouldn’t that be nice? Here is a quick summary of the tips and a few extra:
- Shop the outside aisles.
- That’s where all the fresh foods are. In most grocery stores, the produce, deli, meat, dairy, organic and fresh bread sections are on the outskirts of the store. The less you find yourself in the central aisles of the grocery store, the healthier your shopping trip will be.
- The outside aisles have (almost) everything you need. The only times you should dip into the center aisles is when you are looking for nut butters, dried fruits, dried beans, rice, whole-wheat pasta or canned vegetables. Other center aisle staples include baking products, cooking oils or fibrous bread and cereals. Many of these products can also be found in the organic section (for a higher price), or in the self-serve section where you pay by the pound.
- Avoid tempting snacks. Sticking to the outskirts of the store will help you avoid any impulse snack buys. Another tip to avoid purchasing salty or sugary snacks is to never go shopping on an empty stomach.
- Read the labels!! You will be shocked. Stay away from these!
If there are more than 5 ingredients
If the first 3 ingredients contain some form of sugar
If you can’t pronounce it
Made with whole grains (probably not 100% whole grains)
Multi-Grain usually means many refined grains
No cholesterol often means it never contained cholesterol in the first place. Remember plant derived food never has cholesterol! No cholesterol peanut butter, for example, is a no-brainer.
“Natural” Don’t be fooled by food labeled all natural and remember that THE MOST HEALTHIEST FOODS DON’T HAVE OR NEED A LABEL!
- Cut back you can so you can afford better quality food for your family.
- Ask before you eat or drink, “How is this going to help my body?”
- Throw away all of the junk food in your house!!!
- Stay out of the cafeteria!
I hope this helped you out and gave you a few trip you can try to tighten up your nutrition, make you aware of things you can change, and then give you that added energy you are looking for! Make sure to subscribe if you found this article of value and would like to continue to check out my series.
If you are interested in a downloadable PDF that you can put on your fridge or in your pantry that puts foods in Tiers from good to bad to give you an idea of what foods you should and shouldn’t be eating, fill out the form below.