How To Safely Lose Weight The Healthy Way
The easy way and the healthy way to lose weight are two entirely different things. From low fat, low carb, juice cleanses, to fasting diets the fad diets come and go and usually the weight is lost and gained more than it was before. In part 1 of this series, I described the “red flags” to be aware of when looking for a way to help you lose weight. In part 2 I’m going to show you how to safely lose weight the healthy way. Check out the video below.
I hope this video gave you a few tips on what to look for to not only lose weight but to teach you that this is a life changing process and isn’t a quick fix. If you truly want to learn how to safely lose weight the healthy way it doesn’t come from a magic pill or happen overnight. It will take some time for you to unlearn those bad habits that you might have been practicing your entire life.
Safe and Healthy Weight Loss Tips
- Sugar is a big culprit of weight gain by storing it as fat when our bodies can not process all of the sugar we consume for energy so it is stored for later. Check out this book called Fat Chance for more about the harmful effects of sugar.
- Focus on consuming healthy fats like poly and monosaturated fats like avocados, peanut butter, and nuts and seeds. Stay away from trans fats that are commonly found in dairy and partially hydrogenated oils.
- Stay away from energy drinks, soda (yes diet, too), and alcohol.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes per day raising your heart rate. This could be something simple like taking the stairs at work or going for a brisk walk. Don’t overthink this and go out and buy some expensive exercise equipment!
- Don’t skip meals! Skipping meals makes your body think you are starving it. Your body will try to store some of those calories for energy later as fat if you keep starving it.
- Cut all processed foods. Our bodies were not meant to eat processed or fake foods.
- Ask yourself this question every time you put something in your mouth, “How is this going to help my body?”
Make sure to subscribe to my blog if you want to check out my previous blog posts or my future posts. I appreciate it and remember to Play Hard and Eat Well.