The Harsh Truth Of Today’s Fad Diets
Fad diets have been around for centuries. They come and go some faster than others, but the whole idea of the quick fix is more popular than ever. We live in a society that is faster paced than ever thanks to the internet and social media. Weight loss or dieting is a multi-billion dollar industry just in the U.S. and growing like we are. With the rising rates of obesity in this nation, we need to be more and more aware of The Harsh Truth Of Today’s Fad Diets and what to avoid. Check out the video below as I explain more.
I hope this video gave you a little better knowledge of the harsh truth of today’s fad diets. There is no doubt that this is a huge industry and many people fall for the quick fix or easy way to lose weight for various reasons. The obesity epidemic is real and it is a way for a lot of people to make a lot of money preying on people that are desperate for a change. Don’t fall into that trap and hopefully, these examples will help you identify the red flags that should alert you to something that probably is too good to be true. Here they are again.
Common “Red Flags To Avoid With Fad Diets
- Super fast weight loss is not a healthy way to lose weight and any advertising like this should be suspicious. The body needs to adapt or adjust to weight loss slowly.
- All you need to do is do this to lose weight and keep it off without physical activity or exercise.
- If you combine these foods together you will lose weight. There is no scientific evidence to prove that combining any foods together will help you lose weight.
- Any weight loss plans that are endorsed by paid actors. If someone is paid to do something their actual motive is unclear and suspicious.
- Spend a lot of money up front to pay for processed meals or “magic” pills to take. If you are being sold something that you can’t do for the rest of your life it won’t work!
- Foods labeled “healthy” usually are not healthy. If foods are truly healthy, they don’t typically need to be labeled like fruits and veggies.
Make sure to subscribe to my blog if you want to check out my previous blog posts or my future posts. I appreciate it and remember to Play Hard and Eat Well.